- Professional: Your transcription service should have all the makings of a professional business. You don’t want a fly-by-night company that doesn’t have the expertise you need to provide transcriptions that are accurate and as professional as your business is. The transcription service you hire should handle all your communication files with the utmost of care and keep your business records confidential. They should take great care in dealing with your business and have a process in place for working with your audio and video files.
- Experienced: Look for a transcription service that has trained transcriptionists on staff. They will have the most experience in handling an array of audio and video files and will be able to transcribe your records properly and without error. They will also be able to provide you quick turnaround as they are experts in their field that have the knowledge and equipment necessary to perform accurate transcriptions. Choosing an inexperienced transcription service can be wrought with problems as they will not be able to produce the high-quality files your business deserves or keep up with the volume of work your business might have.
- Reputable: You want a transcription service that is reputable and has made a name for itself in the industry. This proves that they are a business that you can trust and can handle the variety of projects that your company needs to be transcribed. A reputable transcription service may be costlier, but it will be well worth the cost as your business files are properly handled and transcribed to your expectations.
- Good customer service: When dealing with your outsourced transcription service, you want a company that has good customer service that you can count on. They should be able to answer all your questions and calm your concerns. If you have an issue, they should be quick to handle the problem and follow up with a response in a minimal amount of time. If you are getting no communication from your transcription service, they are not providing the customer service that your business needs and you should discontinue working with them.
- Affordable: You need a transcription service that fits your budget. While there are many cheap transcription services in the market, they are not able to provide the complete services that your business requires. An affordable transcription service should be able to fit within your operational budget while also offering you the ability to expand your projects and minimize them as needed. You need a service that is flexible and can meet your business’ demands without reducing its quality to do so.
Finding the right transcription service to fit your company can make the difference in whether your audio and video files are accurately and professionally transcribed. It can avoid errors from occurring and will ensure your business gets the most value for its investment in an outsourced transcription service.